Thursday, August 10, 2006

Our Blessing

Our Bleassing
Day before yesterday David and I came home from Duluth and there was a message on our answering machine from Brian Redshaw. Neither David or I could place the name and had no idea what it was about. Since it was 10:00pm we called the number he left and found out it was the City of Hibbing. With all of the building we are doing and inspections that have been done, we thought it maybe had something to do with that.David returned Brian's call yesterday morning. Brian said that he and his wife breed Dautsen's (Weiner dog's) and that they wanted to give my sister a puppy from the litter that was born last Thursday. David called me and so I called Sandy. I wasn't sure how it was going to go over, I was hoping she would accept the puppy, but was afraid she would feel like she was trying to replace Buddy. I told her what Brian had to say and she started to cry. She said that she had been praying the past couple of days for a dog, but she told the Lord that she only wanted a Dautsen. She said that she figured there was no way because Dautsen's are very expensive and there is no way she could aford one. I gave her Brian's number and when she called me back she said she had to leave him three messages because she kept starting to cry and had to hang up and start over.Brian called her back and said that the puppy's were born on Thursday and they are in Indiana. He is going to email her a picture of the puppies and she can choose. I guess there are different kinds of Dautsens. Buddy was a red, and I guess there are a couple of different kinds in the litter. It will have all of it's shots and papers and he will get it here from Indiana when the time comes. I don't think that Brian and his wife will ever understand how wonderful this was to my sister. She lives alone and Buddy was a great companion. I am so thankful that there are people out there like Brian and his wife that listen to the Holy Spirit!I will post pictures of the puppies when I get them.

4 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger JC said...

Oh wow. God bless the Redshaws.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Beckie said...

Thank the Lord. Brian is a wonderful man (only have talked to him on the phone) I am so happy for her

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Brian is a good man! That is so nice of him. God sure answers prayers!

Brain and his son Grahm go to our church on a weekly basis, you know.

I'm so happy for Sandy!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Sparrow Hawk said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
I was just doing what God told me to do. I was blessed seeing Sandy's face when she got to hold that little puppy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home