Thursday, May 12, 2005

Being a Mom is Hard

Wow, I just had the most horrible experience in my life! Mom, my sister Diane, and I arrived in Albuquerque yesterday afternoon. David called me last night and said that he had a sad little boy that wanted to talk to me. Chance got on the phone and he just started crying. He kept saying, "mommy, I just love you and I want you to come home!" And he would just sob. I could barley stand it. Before you knew it, I was crying on the phone. Finally we got him calmed down and he would say, "I will be OK mom." That was even worse somehow. I couldn't stand it, if I could have gotten on a plane and headed home at that second, I would have. This mom thing is hard on the heart!

Other than that, Albuquerque is good. It was around 75 - 80 degrees here today and very sunny. We did the shopping thing pretty much most of the day today. I can't wait to take my brother's motorcycle and go up in the Mountains. My brother lives at the base of the Sandia's and so I am really looking forward to that.

3 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger dangeresque dan said...

Poor fellow. I think he needs a coke . . . and a monkey. So here's a picture to cheer him up.

Darkwing Dan

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Faye... said...

Colleen...you did it! Fantastic , you did better than me! I love the pictures , I've yet to post any....I just cannot get it.
We miss you in class...it's really growing. I smiled when I read about Chance...when Gerald and I went to Israel , we arrived in Jerusalem at our hotel. Guess what? The red light was blinking which of course means we have a call waiting! Guess who? Travis! He was about 8 and crying on the other nd. I had Judy linn watch the kids for me. Needless to say he spent the duration of the trip at Grandmas! It happens... but isn't it horrible when you are on the other side of the world? See you on Tuesday! Be careful!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Graceland King said...

Thanks McCormacks, you really saved my life. How? Well, two nights ago I dreamed that I battled Darth Vader and ended up hiding from him at your house(only you lived in a condo on top of the Chisholm City Hall). He did not find me there. It was pretty cool. So thanks for the imaginary help in my dream that proves that I am way too excited to see the new movie...for which I took a vacation day and reserved tickets!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home