Tuesday, May 03, 2005

OK, so I think I am getting this blog thing down, but if anybody can tell me how to personalize my template and set up links I would be forever grateful.

Today was a busy day in the life of the McCormacks. We went to a funeral for a sort of relative and the rest of the afternoon was spent visiting. Of course tonight was "Chance is here today school" and that is always fun. Unfortunately next Tuesday is the last night for the summer. We haven't told Chance that school's out for the summer soon. I think he will be sad, but he will make it.

The highlight of the day is pictured above. Yesterday when we were coming home from our Dr.'s appointment we saw the motorcycle sitting in a yard on 7th Ave. We turned around and got the phone number and I called on it this afternoon. The price was reasonable so I of course sent dad to look at it after work. He called me at the Baron's house and informed me that he bought the bike and I needed to bring the checkbook. After "Chance is here today school" we had to head right to L & M to see if we could find a helmet for him. The one in the picture was purchased last year at a rummage sale and is a little big. OK for riding with mom or dad or on the 4-wheeler, but not for navigating his own cycle. Anyway, all helmets were too big so we will have to order one.

The first trip on the motorcycle was one to be seen. The cycle goes 30 and I think it went 0-30 in 2 seconds. Of course dad can't run that fast and so he was flying solo across the yard and right into a grove of pine trees where the bike tipped over. I was a little nervous as he was heading for the trees, but after he landed, I couldn't help but laugh. He didn't think it was so funny until I told him Gramma did the same thing on her moped and she swears she was going 50 mile an hour. But, "flash" as it is now known only did 20 down a steep hill. Dad has to get the screw out that cuts down the throttle for a little while until Chance gets the hang of regulating the throttle and not just turning it wide open.

I am sure there will be more crashes and nervous moments, but I can't wait to see him do his first triple. When we originally told Gramma about the idea of a motorcycle when Chance was first born we told her we were going to build a motocross track in the field next to the house so we could race on it. She promptly told us she would get out the gun and start shooting out the tires on the bike. We decided that since her aim is not good at all, we could get alot of riding done before she managed to hit a tire. Tonight David told her she better get the gun out and start practicing! Good luck Gramma!!

2 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

Welcome to the Blog Matrix...

P. Aaron is a great resource for personalizing templates.

I can pass on a few things he's taught me if we want to sit down at a computer together. Posting short, low quality video is pretty cool...

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger JC said...

Colleen- you are one brave mama! He looks awesome sitting on that bike. That's so cool you guys got that for him! This is the start of beatiful moments for this family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home