Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Baby Update

Well, we had our monthly baby check-up yesterday. I always look forward to those.

After the nurse did the dreaded monthly weigh in and took my blood pressure she said, "Why don't you guys go ahead and play around with the heartbeat machine." And she walked out the door. So, I hopped up on the table and David got the little machine. I was amazed but he actually found the heartbeat almost right away!

Dr. Baldwin came in and officially checked the heartbeat and declared that right now it is a boy's heartbeat!!!!!!!! Always nice for me to hear. Other than that things are progressing normally. It seems like we spend most of our appointment talking about kayaking and the Boundry Waters than we do the actual baby. Dr. Baldwin will be going into the BWCA for the 4th of July and then she will also be going in sometime around my due date. Please pray that she is here for the birth!!!

While David and I were at the appointment Chance stayed home with Grandma. Mom was outside raking and didn't see Chance come in the house. Well, he decided to wash his feet so he climbed up on the counter and put the plug in the sink and washed his feet. When he was done he left the house with the plug still int he sink and the water running full force. By the time my mom came in and found it, there was two inches of water on the bathroom floor and it was running under the carpet in the hallway. Needless to say, by the time I got home she was not too happy. Chance was nowhere to be seen and we all agreed that he probably didn't understand what happened so I didn't scold him. We did ask him about it when he came home and he said that he couldn't get the faucet shut off. We told him from now on he needs to come and get an adult when that happens. It must have sunk in because this morning he came and got me because he had been washing his hands and couldn't shut the faucet off.

As far as the house goes, we are paying for playing. Our Sheetrocker was supposed to start tomorrow and the Insulation Inspector was supposed to come this moring. But, alas, David and I didn't get the work done yesterday. Putting up Vapor Barrier is the most horrible job in the world. So, needless to say, I had to reschedule the Inspector and the Rocker for Monday. I think we can get everything done by Sunday.

1 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Beckie said...

I think it sounds like a girl's heartbeat! lol, whatever you have will be so great, I cant wait to meet him or HER! Either way you deserve the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home