Monday, June 27, 2005

Family Update


Sorry for the boring title, but I just don't have any thing exciting to put there.

Our house is coming along really well. Paul was here every day last week including Saturday. I think the mudding and taping is pretty well done. Now he is working on the Race Trak that goes around the ceiling of the front room. I told him Saturday that if I was him I would consider not telling people that he knew how to do that kind of stuff. He had to cut rock 8" wide all the way around the 16 X 33 ceiling and then a layer that was 6" wide all the way around and then a layer that is 4" wide. After he did that he is spraying on a plastic molding so the edges of the layers are rounded. After he gets all of those on he will have to mudd the whole thing smoothe. It is going to look really cool! I can't wait to start painting!!!!

Saturday morning mom and I took a load of garbage to the dump. We had the F250 filled with sheetrock pieces and the trailer filled with insulation remains, siding remains, plastic bags and other stuff. Mom and I unloaded the trailer which was icky because everything was wet and gross and then I unhooked the trailer and we started on the truck. Apparently some guy that worked at the dump felt sorry for us (one pregnant women and an 80 year old) and so he helped us unload the sheetrock. The rest of Saturday was spent (for Chance and I) enjoying Isaac's Birthday Party at Carrie Lake. Thanks Becky for inviting us! David spent the day forming up the pad for the front deck to go back into place. Sunday was church and more work on the deck. We had to get the old sidewalk out in order to form in the new one because the new one goes partly where the old one is now. Poor David, his only help was again, the pregnant women and the 80 year old. But we did it!! With the help of a chain, my husband's back and the F250 we pulled the sidwalk out of the way. Needless to say, after that we were to sweaty and tired to go to the Power Team. Bummer, I really wanted to see them.

Chance and I have been spending the last couple weeks at the beach. I know it sounds rough!!
It has been so hot here and that is the place to be. We meet the girls there and the kids play and we talk.

I had another Dr. appointment last week and again, a boy's heartbeat. Yes I know Becky, but I can hope!!! Baby sounds healthy and I know that it can move. Believe me it is all over the place.

3 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger jac-atac said...

Gosh, you guys have SKILLS. Glad to know the house is coming along!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Beckie said...

ha ha your so funny, for your sake, I hope its a boy because you really want one, but IF you do have a little girl, you will be happy, plus I need someone to pick on, so I guess it will be you! Thank you sooo much for coming to Isaac's birthday party, it was great! See you at the beach

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger JC said...

You pulled out a sidewalk with Dave, a pregnant lady and an 80 year old lady, a chain and a truck and you wanted to SEE the Power Team?? My goodness...you are ARE the Power Team!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home