Sunday, July 24, 2005

Another Great Weekend!

Well, it's sad to see another great weekend come to an end. This weekend we went up to Hoodo Point Campground on Lake Vermillion. It was alot of fun. We headed out about 3:00pm. David got home about 1:00pm and by the time we got the groceries loaded in the motorhome, the dog brought to the babysitter's (my sister's house nextstore) and everything else taken care of, it was about 3:00pm.

Friday night was spent sitting by a beautiful fire right by the lake roasting marshmellows and eating smores. Thanks Justin and Heather for driving all the way to Hoodo Point to bring my mom her pills. This is the second weekend she forgot them. You would think after the big deal it was last weekend, we all would have made sure the pills were in the motorhome. My mother has insomnia and so she can't sleep with out her sleeping pill. Last weekend she toughed it out until about 2:00 in the morning and then she got in her car and drove home. This time Justin and Heather saved the weekend!

Saturday dawned kind of rainy and cloudy. But that was OK because we planned to be under ground. We took the tour of the Tower-Soudan underground mine. That was alot of fun. I had done it years ago, but didn't remember it. Chance was a little unsure about going down in the elevator, but once we got going, he got used to it. Boy, it sure makes you thankful for the long way that technology has come in a short time.

By the time we got above ground, it was starting to clear off. By the time we got back to the camper, everybody was ready for the lake, which might I add was freezing! Saturday evening it rained, but that is the beauty of having a camper. We just went inside, read books, or watched TV. I was bummed that I didn't get to see Lance ride into Paris today, but I have managed to see most of the other days. Congrats Lance on #7!!

Today we had a big breakfast and sat around the campfire for a while and then packed up and came home. I do have to admit that I was excited to get home. David went to Home Depot on Thursday and bought most of the organizers for our closet. So, when he got home he proceeded to put what he had together. I will take a picture of it when it is done and post it. It is so awesome. It looks like a surgical room. The walls are white and all of the organizers are white. I love it!

Other than that, while David was slaving away on the closet, mom and I headed out to the berry patch. We managed to get an icecream bucket full of blueberries in about two hours. Not to bad I guess considering it was still really hot.

Kranny I heard that the Boondoggle Bash was a success, Good Job! I am really sorry we had to miss it. There were only a few weekends that I could get reservations for camping and this was one of them. With the baby coming sometime in August (hopefully the beginning of August) I wanted to camp with Chance a couple of times in July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home