Friday, July 29, 2005

Daddy's Little Girl?!!!


I don't know, what do you think? Does this look like Daddy's little girl?

Well our new little baby is here! Jordyn Alexia McCormack arrived at 2:48pm on Wednesday, July 27, 2005. She weighed 6 lbs 12.9 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. What a wonderful treasure. Yes, she is a girl and I am OK with that.

For those of you who care about the delivery thing read on (nothing graphic or in detail of course). For those of you who don't want to know, skip to following paragraph. I went in for my Dr.'s appointment on Monday and was dialated to a 4. Dr. Baldwin told me to watch for any signs, but considering I don't feel those kind of things, she told me that maybe I should come in Wednesday and be checked. So, Wednesday morning I just didn't feel good, so I scheduled an appointment for 11:15am. I was sitting in the waiting room and Dr. Baldwin came out to get me. She said that when she saw my name come up on the screen, she came right out even though there were 4 people in front of me. Anyway, I was a 5 and she asked me if I just wanted to get it over with. I, of course, said yes. So I called David, told him to head to the hospital, and went over there. Dr. Baldwin broke my water at 11:55am and Jordyn came a short 2 hours and some minutes later. I am so thankful to God for the easy time he has allowed me to have with my two children!

David and I are looking forward to getting to know this little girl and finding out what kind of a person she is going to be.

Thanks Jenny so much for the food delivery, my standard Hot Ham & Cheese and of course a Mt. Dew.

Thank you so much Becky for all of the advice. I may have quit yesterday if it wasn't for you. You are going to be such a help to alot of women.

And, also, thanks to my great freinds, my early little girl has clothes to wear. Boy are David and I thankful for all of the wonderful friends we have!!

4 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

I heard you were in labor at VBS! CRAZY! It's good that your DR. was there. I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations! I knew it was a girl.. (:

Strange, I was going to comment on you still being pregnant on Wednesday, too..

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger spartamom said...

Colleen-i am loving that 3 hours earlier we were talking at VBS and then suddenly you're having a baby. WOW-is she beautiful. I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see her in person. Sorry I didn't make it to the hospital in time to see you there. Well, you have yourself a precious little girl! She looks pretty good in her daddy's arms, huh? Congratulations!!!jess

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger JC said...

Yeah- Colleen there are other ways of getting out of helping at VBS!! Ha ha - just kidding. I'm so happy for you guys! What a precious family you have. You must be so proud!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Beckie said...

I am so happy for you Colleen, I am here for you any time, I am glad I was able to help. You are a great friend, and I hope you enjoy your little girl as much as I enjoy mine, now we can go shopping together for cute little frilly things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home