Sunday, July 10, 2005

Happy Birthday Karter!

Yesterday was a great day! Mom, Sandy, Chance, David and I headed for Duluth at about 9:30am. We went to Menards spent some money and then went to the Mall. We ate and then Sandy had to get some shorts. So, after a bit of shopping we headed towards Two Harbors. My Nephew Brian, his wife Laurie and their two children Kyler & Karter live just outside Two Harbors on a hill overlooking Lake Superior. They were having a birthday party for Karter who was 6 this month. The bought a water slide and had that set up and a pool. Chance was a little intimidated by the big kids for a while so he just stood off by himself. I think he was syching himself up to go down the slide. Finally he was ready and once that happened there was no stopping him. He was bailing off the top of the slide and going just as fast as the big kids. I think he must have gone down at least 50 times.

Meanwhile the grownups got to sit on the deck and watch and chat. A fun time was had by all. Thanks Laurie for the invite and the great food!

Today was a hot day ment to be spent at the beach with friends. My husband refused to leave the house, he had ceiling fans on his brain. So, while Chance and I spent the afternoon at Carrie Lake with Jenny, Lauren, Lisa J, Solomon, Esther, Becky, Isaac, and Jayden David stayed home and put up the ceiling fan in our bedroom and one of the two in the Living Room. He is putting the other one up as I type.

WE ORDERED OUR CARPET!!! I am so excited. We went to Floor to Ceiling in Virginia on our way to Duluth yesterday. OK, so took a little bit of a detour. Anyway, they had some good deals, but the best part is they could install it this Friday morning. That was the selling point. The Carpet Plaze and C & J Interiors were pretty backed up and said it would be more like the middle of August before they could get to it. A No, I want to be in my bedroom before this baby comes! So, after a little agonizing, not as much as it could have been, we landed on a color and texture that both David and I liked and even my mother. They will come and istall it this Friday morning and then we get to leave to go camping Friday afternoon. We will be camping out at West Two Rivers with the church, so come on out and say Hi. David's job this week is to get all of the trim on the windows and doors so we can move in Sunday evening.

Sorry Brooke, the first coat of paint on my bedroom was so horrible that I didn't take any shots of it. I am kicking myself now that it actually turned out, because I wish I had a before and after shot of it.

1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger dangeresque dan said...

When will the first tours be offered?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home