Friday, July 08, 2005

The Painting is Done!!!

I am done painting the new part! And, if you read the last post, you will be happy to know that the bedroom actually turned out. I guess Ralph Lauren knew what he was talking about. The first coat looked so horrible and I paid so much for the paint that I couldn't stand it. But, that night I got to thinking, the can says it takes 4 gallons to paint a 12X12 room and I only used 1 gallon to do a 12X20 room. So, the next day I decided to bite the bullet and try the second coat. But this time I loaded, and I mean loaded the roller with paint. What do you know, it worked. The wall actually looks nice and I love the color.

David went along night before last hooking up all of the outlets again. You have to take everything out and push the wires back in the boxes so that when the do the mudding they don't have to work around boxes and wires. Anyway, he got everything hooked up and only half of the outlets worked. So, since whe have taken pictures all along the way, he started looking and realized that they burried one of the outlets. He was going to start cutting into it but I said, "A NO". After Paul spet all of that time and hard work on the sheetrock and me on the paint, let them do it. So, hopefully they will come some time soon. Now we pick out carpet for our bedroom, bathroom and closet. I told David I don't want to move in until the trim is on and we will put that on after the carpet. So I guess moving in time depends on the carpet.

The potty training thing is going so so. We have got the potty down, but can't seem to get that solid stuff down. Unfortunately, when he has to go potty, he just goes. Which means no matter where he is, he just whips his pants down and pees. David says we have to work on that. I told him I am working on one thing at a time. As soon as I get the "go when you have to go thing" down, I will work on the "No, don't go there thing." These country boys!!!

Had a Dr.'s appointment yesterday. We spent literaly 2 minutes talking about the baby and 15 minutes talking about the Boundry Waters. Her and her family were up there over the 4th and she was so excited. Baby is head down and hopefully will stay that way. Dr. Baldwin doesn't know when she is going into the BWCA on her second trip yet, but it will be sometime in August. She doesn't have her permit yet, is it bad to pray she doesn't get one? Baby is due August 21st. Please pray that she will be around when the time comes.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

I'm glad that the painting thing turned out okay. You're going to have carpet in your bathroom? Sweeeeeet.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Beckie said...

i cant wait to see the new addition, i bet it looks great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home