Thursday, August 04, 2005

Baby Update

I took Jordyn into the Dr. this morning for her check-up. She has gained 9 oz in 3 days. Dr. Baldwin was amazed. She kept saying, "What have you been feeding this kid"? Anyway, she is getting rid of the Jaundice with all of the food that is passing thru her and looking alot better.

I asked her about the breathing thing and she listened to Jordyn's lungs. She said everything sounded fine and that sometimes baby's lay in a way that there throat makes a snoring sound and that is probably what it is. As long as it isn't happening all the time, nothing is seriously wrong. I was very thankful to hear that.

Thank you all for asking how she is doing and for all of the wonderful clothes. My sister-in-law from Michigan sent up a package and I think it had 15 items of clothes in it. I told her she was way out of control, but they are so adorable and lots are premie size so she fits them perfectly right now. Thanks Aunti Teri

Chance swallowed a quarter yesterday, so we are patiently waiting for that to come out the other end. Yippee hey! Serves him right, he was laying on the floor with the quarter in his mouth. David told him to take it out and never put it back in. He took it out and preceeded to pretend he was going to put it in again. David scolded him and he popped the quarter right back in his mouth. David reached for him and Chance jerked away, hit his head on the chair leg and swallowed the quarter. He was absolutely mortified. He started crying right away and as soon as David and I were sure the quarter had gone down and he wasn't going to choke, we were laughing at how upset he was. Now he is waiting for it to come out.

I saw the most horible thing this afternoon. I was walking down the sidewalk and I happened to look over by the garbage can and I saw this little frog up in the air. I couldn't figure out what was going on so I got closer. When I got a little closer I saw a yellow thing at the back of the frog. I couldn't figure it out so I got closer. A gardner snake had eaten half the frog and the other half was sticking out of it's mouth. Yuck!! Those are the kinds of things I turn the channel on. I made an attempted to get the frog out, but then decided it would be worse for it if I did. So I waited awhile and then looked and the snake had eaten the whole frog and it was moving down it's belly. That was kind of cool, as long as I didn't have to think about it being a frog!

3 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Beckie said...

Thank you Jesus for Jordyn getting so big! I am so glad she is feeling better now! That is wonderful news, BTW, do you clone your children too? they look exactly the same! They are going to be two peas in a pod. Good luck on checking for Chance's quarter, glad I don't have to go searching! Mine haven't been that daring yet.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger JC said...

Ohmygosh...that's gonna hurt.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

I like eating frogs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home