Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Most Wonderful Thing


The most wonderful thing happened today!!! My front deck got moved back into place. I think I am more excited about this happening than I am just about anything that has happened with this house so far. The deck was carried through the air by the basement guy's digger last October and set in the front yard where it has proceeded to kill the grass and leave big ruts in the lawn. I couldn't even imagine how we were going to get it back into place. We wanted to pour a slab of concrete for the deck to sit on so that we didn't have to worry about weeds underneath it. Finally yesterday David was able to finish forming up the place and we poured the concrete yesterday afternoon. All went well, but there are a few little footprints and paw prints underneath the deck! But, the deck still had to be moved and we didn't know what we were going to do. I finally told David last night that we should just call Tom Gramanski (the guy who dug the basement) and see what he would charge to come back with the digger and carry the deck back into place.

Today my sister suggested that we call our neighbor Keith and see if his tractor could handle it. So Keith came over this afternoon with his son to scope it out. My cousin Thad happened to have stopped to chat and so they looked it over and decided with a few more guys they could carry it. So, a big thanks to my nephew's Wade, Chase & Nicholas, my cousin Thad and neighbor Keith and his son. They simply picked up the deck and carried it right to where it belongs. I can't believe something I worried about so much was so easy. God is so good.

Sorry about the pink picture. Our camera is on the fritz and this is the kinds of pictures it is taking.

3 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger JC said...

Hey- that looks great! Thanks for posting the picture! What a weight to have taken off.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

I thought you tookthe pic during an eclipse or something.

Anyway, the deck looks great.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger dangeresque dan said...

It's alright. You wanted the new nursery pink, Dave was tired so he painted the house pink instead. 'Sall good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home