Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My Little Girl

Just wanted to do an update on my little girl. If you think of it, please say a prayer for her. I took her into the Dr. yesterday because she was so week and jaundice. As of 4:00pm yesterday she had urinated once since 3:00pm the day before. Not good. She was supposed to be going at least 6 times a day.

Anyway, Dr. Baldwin said that I was to go home and get calories in her any way possible, nursing, pumping and feeding with a bottle, or formula. She said that she would call me later that night and find out if we were able to get food in her. Otherwise she would have to go into the hospital and be put on an IV. Praise God, I got her home and had milk in the freezer that I had been storing. I was able to get 4 oz in her right away and David got another 3 in her by 8:30pm. Dr. Baldwin called at around 9:00pm and said that as long as we had gotten that much in her she would not have to go in the hospital. She is still jaundice, but I do notice that the whites of her eyes are white today and not yellow.

While her jaundice and feeding is getting better, I am still concerned about her breathing. She will see Dr. Baldwin on Thursday, unless I can't stand to wait that long. Please pray that God will touch her and any problem that is there (if any). Also, my hope was that I would be able to nurse her, but please pray that I can supply enough milk thru the pump to feed her as long as I did Chance.

3 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Beckie said...

I am praying for little Jordyn, you are a great mom Colleen, and I wish the best for you and your family. Thank you Jesus for little Jordyn, and please make her jaundice go away, and give Colleen an over abundance of milk for her little baby to thrive from, AMEN!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger jac-atac said...

I'm praying too..

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Poor dear, I will definately pray!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home