Friday, September 09, 2005

The Beam is In!!!

Well, my brother has headed back to Albuquerque. It sure was nice to have him here for a week and hard to see him go. Unfortunately he owns his own Pest Control business and just can't stay away any longer. We had alot of fun. The highlight of the week was four wheeling. Since having Chance and Jordyn I haven't been able to get out in the dumps like I would like. This past Tuesday Bobby took our dirt bike and David and I took the four wheeler and we headed to Kelly Lake. Both Bobby and I grew up riding dirt bike around Kelly Lake and it was a blast for us to just spend the day exploring and seeing how things change. Hibbing Tac has started mining out where the old Stevenson Location used to be and it is amazing to see the changes. You can ride right up to the edge of the pit and boy did Chance think that was awesome. In his words, "mom this is terrific!"

Sunday, true to their word, the beam went up! I can't believe it is finally done. The beam and the deck were the two things I dreaded the most. I think because they were things we couldn't do on our own, we had to rely on others to help. But, now they are both done. The basement looks totally different without the wall separating it. I called Paul today and he is going to come week after next to scrape the existing ceilings and get that ready. David has Ski Patrol Refresher this weekend, can you believe it is that time already. Every year the weekend after Labor Day he gets tested to see if he knows everything he has to know. Every year he threatens to quite the patrol, but this will be his 17th year and he is still going. We have both decided that since we have kids and Chance seems to like to ski, that we can't afford for him to quit. Because he is a ski patrol the family gets season passes for free. If we had to pay to ski, I don't think we would do nearly as much as we would want to.

Anyway, next week will be spent putting up can lights and sheetrock in the Dinning Room and tearing one of the kitchen cabinets down so that Paul can do his majic. I have said that after that, the kitchen will get started, but I don't think that is going to happen. We need to have the basement insulated before winter so that we don't heat the outside. Therefore the basement needs to be wired before the insulation can go up. Also, we have all agreed that we do not want to go another winter without a garage. With gas prices the way they are, a person can't afford to run the vehicle to warm it up every day. So, I think the next thing on the list will be a pole building for all of our stuff. We are still paying $80 a month to store all of our belongings in Duluth. Sometimes I can't believe that everything I own has been stored away for 2 years. I left Grand Rapids with a enough clothes to last a couple of winter months because we moved in with my mother in November and were looking for a house in Duluth. I didn't even bring any summer clothes with me. I really can't even remember what I have anymore. It will be like Christmas when we unpack.

Of course then there is winter wood to cut, split and stack. So, I would venture to say that the kitchen probably won't get started until the snow flies. That is OK I guess, the other stuff is really important. I am just thankful that I have a place to live and God has blessed us with a good job for David and two healthy kids.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger JC said...

I'm so glad your beam went in! What a weight lifted off!
LOL about Dave & Ski Patrol. You guys are gonna have so much fun this winter with Chance. I can't even imagine snow- it's still in the high 80's & low 90's here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home