Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Our Cities Weekend

David and I got to get away and go to the Cities last weekend sans kids thanks to my sister. We had a blast. We met 21 other adults at the Music Box Theater on Nicollet to see Tripple Expresso. I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time. The play consisted of 3 men and a bunch of different skits. Thanks to Jodi and Lisa our group had the front 3 rows. Needless to say, we got picked on quite a bit. There is really no way to say what was funny, it was one of those "you had to be there" things, but believe me, if you ever get a chance to see it, go immediately!

The play was Saturday night, but David and I went down early Friday morning to make the most of the weekend. With building this addition, I wanted to look in the cities for different things. One of my goals was to go to the Ikea store so we went there Friday. Wow, what a store. You can't believe how much stuff is there. We also got a chance to get together with a great friend of mine, Eric Koscak, who lives down there. He introduced us to Bucca's an Italian Restaurant downtown. Wow, talk about lots of good food, another "if you get a chance, go" thing.

I am happy to say that the McCormack's bought a new camera so we are back in business if that area. My dream in life is to get an Ipod, OK one of my dreams. David and I looked at them at Best Buy. The new Video one is out now, and it is unbelievable. It holds 8,000 songs or 60 full length DVD's or 75,000 pictures or obviously combinations of all. Can you believe that! I know that I personally don't even know 8,000 songs!

Of course there was a trip to the Mall of America. I love that place. I am not a big shopper in general, but I love to just walk around there. The atmosphere is great!

OK Eric, the following is going to be kind of AG so you can skip it if you want!!!! (ha ha)

The only downside to the whole trip was calling home to find out that Chance still wasn't sleeping. For some reason he stopped sleeping Wednesday night. He would go to sleep for about 1/2 hour and then wake up screaming. We would finally get him calmed down and back to sleep for about another 1/2 hour. This went on Wednesday night and Thursday night. I didn't think much of it, because he has always been a terrible sleeper (never quite that bad). But when I called home Saturday morning and found out that he didn't sleep Friday night either, and then found out he didn't sleep Saturday night, I started to get concerned. David and I discussed it on the way home and both really felt that it was some sort of spiritual attack. When we got home David took Chance to Walmart to buy some fish for his new aquarium and mom went to a friends house. So, I took the opportunity to pray thru my childs room. I have never felt such a horrible feeling as I did in his room. I can't even explain it. I prayed for quite a while and then I felt led to get rid of a book that he has had since birth. I thru that out of the house and prayed some more. When David got home, both of us prayed thru his room and put him to bed. I am very thankful to God to be able to say he slept thru the whole night without waking up once!

Last night David put him to bed around 8:00pm, and he woke up at 10:30pm screaming. There is nothing that you can do for him because he is still sleeping but his eyes are open. I took him in the rocking chair and rocked him for a while but that didn't do anything. But, as soon as I started praying over him he settled down immediately and I put him to bed and he never woke up the rest of the night. I am not sure why my child is under this sort of attack, but please keep our family in your prayers.

2 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger JC said...

That is so odd. I'm sorry to hear that he had a rough night last night. I will definitely pray for him - I'll remember as I'm putting Lauren down.
I'm standing by you on the whole Halloween thing. I wish I could really hibernate too.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger dangeresque dan said...

Colleen, I will definately pray for the kid. And the rest of the family. I hope he gets sleep. Have a good day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home