Thursday, October 06, 2005

Wow, I am finally posting!

I can't believe how long it has been since I have been able to update my blog.

What is going on in the life of the McCormack's? Well, here it goes.

I took Jordyn in for her 2 month appointment. Can you believe that it has been two months already. It seems like forever and yet just yesterday! Anway, she is 11 lbs 13 oz and is 22 1/2 inches long which puts her in the 75th% for both height and weight. I have to admit, that is smaller than I thought she was going to be! Everything is going good with her and she is getting more beautiful every day! And, the hair keeps getting redder! She rolled over about three times the week she was born and then nothing until last week when she rolled over again. So, that will be happening regularly soon I think. Other than that, the smiles are happening often now and I just love to see them. But, I actually think she rolled her eyes at me the other day when I was talking to her. I knew that was going to happen, but I didn't think it started this early!

Chance is doing good, I told Dr. Baldwin this morning that I think Jordyn's first words are going to be, "back off!" Her brother loves her so much. If he goes somewhere, when he comes home his first words are, "where is my sister?! He can't leave her alone.

He is growing so fast, I think he is the tallest boy in his ECFE (Chance's is here today school) class even though he is not the oldest. I can't believe how big he is getting. The other day we were going to Duluth and I had the radio on. Pretty soon he said to me, "mom, that guy said dumpster and I don't know what that word means. What does it mean?" So, I had to explain what a dumpster was. Then he said, "Mom, where do dumpsters live?" So, we rode past McDonalds and I showed him a dumpster. Then all the way down to Duluth we had to look for dumpsters. Just shows me that he is listening all of the time. Every day I am amazed at how smart he is getting. I am so thankful for him.

The house is coming along. Paul was here a week ago Monday and made the exsting ceilings in the dining room and kitchen match the new ceilings so I am glad that is over. He came at 9:30 in the morning and left at midnight! I was so excited that I painted the dining room the next day. It looks really nice! Now, if the winter stuff would stop creeping in on our time, my kitchen could begin. But, we have to insulate the basement. Even though I love cutting and splitting wood, and have to say I am getting pretty good with the chainsaw, I don't want to heat the outside. And, David has to put up the wood sheds so we can keep the wood dry. Last night was spent winterizing the moterhome and getting that ready to put away for the winter. I would like to start staining the new cabinets, but things around the house really need to get done. I spent this afternoon cleaning out the water softner and putting that back together. If there is anyone out there can tell me how a water softner works, I would really appreciate it, those things are a mystery to me.

David is doing really good. He spent last week in Pittsburgh learning to be a manager. Anyway, he had a good time and got home safely after being stranded in Cleaveland for the night. My mother went on a 12 day trip to Atlantic City, New York, Philidelphia and Niagra Falls. Her and David arrived home the same day. So, I had the house and the kids to myself for 6 days. Gave me a great appreciation for single mothers and what they deal with on a day to day basis. God give them strength!!!!

David flew in on Saturday and so we took Chance to the zoo. Jordyn came along, but she didn't really care! Chance loved it, he said his favorite were the lions, I personally loved the Polar Bear.

That basically gets you caught up in with our life. Our camera is still not working. When we went to the zoo I wanted to get some pictures of the kids on the rocks with the water falling behind them. But, the camera decided to wig out. I took the pictures with my phone, but I don't have the cord to upload them to my computer. I will either have to buy that or spend the $.25 a picture to email them to somebody and have them email them back to me. Needless to say, we went from the zoo to Best Buy to look at cameras. The A95 that the Baron's have has been discontinued, that is the one I wanted because it has the swivel screen. But Lisa emailed me the new Cannon that has come out (thanks Lisa) and it has a swivel screen. Makes me so mad that I have to buy a new camera this soon, the other one is about 2 years old, but I guess Pastor Al was right when he said they are just expensive throw aways! All that to say that as soon as we get a camera, I will post some new pictures!

3 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger JC said...

Hey Colleen-
Glad to see you posting! Sounds like you guys are really busy. I can't imagine getting ready for winter. It's fall here- but not at all winter.

Can't wait for you to get your camera so we can see pictures of the kids.
jenny

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Welcome back!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Beckie said...

chance is a big boy, looks more like a 5 yr old

 

Post a Comment

<< Home