Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My Encounter

I just wanted to share my really neat encounter with you guys. Jordyn has had a cold for the past couple of weeks, she has been affectionally known as Ms. Snuffy. Anyway, yesterday she started running a small temp. I gave her some baby Motrin and took her temp about a half an hour later. OK, actually my sister Sharon took her temp, but anyway it was about 101.5 in an area where nobody wants their temp to be taken. So I called Dr. Baldwin's nurse and she said that I probably should bring her in. Like my $800 medical bill is not enough. Not that I wouldn't pay anything for my children, but I figured they were going to tell me my daughter had a cold. But given the fact that I suffered greatly with ear infections, I wanted to make sure she didn't have one. So in we went.

My sister Sandy met me at the clinic because she happened to have a Dr.'s appointment around the same time. We were sitting in the waiting room and all of a sudden this women (probably in her 70's) came around the corner from the other side of the waiting room and headed straight for us. She said, "I have to see this baby." She asked me her name and I told her it was Jordyn, granted she heard Georgie, but that is fine. She asked me how old and I told her she was 3 months and then she put her hand on Jordyn's (Georgie's) head and said, "I am going to say a prayer for her." Sandy and I said that was fine and so she started to pray. I don't really remember anything she said except that she prayed for peace. After her prayer she looked right at me and said, "Now you are still nursing right?" I thought at the time that was a pretty gutsy thing to say to me given the fact that she didn't know me and it wasn't a question, it was a statement. I replied yes and she said, "good, everything is going to be just fine," and she walked away. When we got into the Dr.'s office and Dr. Baldwin looked her over she said that she had a cold (go figure) and that she had water behind the ear drum but that the drum was fine and she had no ear infection. She then said that had I not been nursing, she probably would be giving antibiotics for an ear infection.

All this to say that I think that God was simply telling me to keep going. The past couple of days I have been questioning if what I am doing is doing any good. I am all for nursing the old fashion way, but I sometimes wonder if I she isn't loosing important nutrients in all the middle stuff that I have to do. Nice to know that we can count on God to re-enforce things in really neat ways.

I am happy to say that Halloween is over!!!!!!!! At our house we don't celebrate Halloween and it doesn't go over well with alot of the family. I personally would just like to run away around this time of year, but we made it thru without to much problem. Chance isn't old enough to care right now, but I did have to take a stab at explaining why we don't celebrate it, and it wasn't easy to put it into terms a 3 year old could understand. I apparently made some headway because my sister Sandy said she got a lecture on how Halloween is not a good holiday and that Jesus doesn't like it.

Chance learned to whistle this past week, so our house has been filled with whistling. I really love to hear him in the frontroom putting his puzzle together or playing with his blocks a whistling away.

Tonight we had "Chance is Here Today School" and they played "Duck Duck Owl". Well, when we got home we all had to learn how to play. Picture David, me and my mother all sitting around on the wood floor while Chance went around the circle saying, "Duck, Duck Owl." Of course the first one to get picked was my mother, so she had to get up and run after him. We all got to get a chance to be the owl and chase him. He thought that was pretty funny.

While we were in CIHT school, Jordyn went into sibling care. When I went to pick her up, there she was sitting in her car seat surrounded by 4 little boys and she was just talking away. I told David, "look out, it is starting really early!"

3 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Beckie said...

I am so inspired by that story Colleen, what a wonderful thing that lady did for you. God knew what you were feeling, so he sent her to talk to you and let you know that he is here watching you, and he loves you. You are a great mom and giving Jordyn the best start out in life! Thank God you are able to do that!

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Thanks Becky, I really appreciate that.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger JC said...

Yeah, that is a cool story. Divine Appoitment and you were on the receiving end!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home