Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"The McCormack's Life"

What I Learned!"

I learned not to laugh at my husband's ideas because he is pretty smart! The oven cabinet weigs around 250 lbs and we wanted to get it into place. So last week I started asking David how we were going to do this. Yesterday he informed me that he was going to stop at L & M and get about 5 1/4" dowls and we were going to lay them on the floor and put the front of the cabinet on the first one and then roll the cabinet across the dowls. As the cabinet got across each dowl we would move them ahead and so on and so on. Needless to say, I laughed at him and told him that absolutely would not work especially with 1/4" dowls. That is the biggest we could use because the cabinet was 80 1/4" high and the beam separating the dining room and living room is 80 3/4" high. He said he really thought it would work. Well, it did. He moved the cabinet all by himself with me moving the dowls as needed. I guess the moral of my story is that I shouldn't laugh at an engineer hey.

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

Never...NEVER question Dave.

That's MY policy....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home