Saturday, January 28, 2006

What a Great Day!!

I had the best day today. Skiing has been such a part of my life for so long starting with my once a year trips to Spirit Mountain with Pastor Mark Dean and the youth group to my college days when I went to Giants Ridge every weekend with my sister and her husband to when I met David at Giants Ridge to our Honeymoon at Whistler/Blackcombe in Vancouver British Columbia to our 6 year anniversary trip to Austria and Switzerland to ski the Alps to our different trips out West to ski Montana and Colorado and the countless hours I have spent as a Patrol wife waiting as David helped someone who was hurt or skiing with him as he closed a hill or sleeping on the cots in the Patrol room when it was 30 below and David had to Patrol and there was 10 people on the whole hill.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to ski a whole lot since Chance was born. Last year he went a couple of times, but that was high maintanance for me. Today my sister and I went up to the Ridge, David had to Patrol both day and night shift and do an event. It was one of those wonderful days up at the Ridge. The sun was shining, people were skiing in their long sleeve t-shirts and sunglasses and you see everything from Carhart to Columbia. I still didn't get to put my skiis on, but Chance had a blast boarding down the hill and I had a great time just being there. After walking up the hill, helping Chance off the "majic carpet" and carrying him to the middle of the hill, running down to the bottom with him while he boards and carrying him to the carpet to do it all over again, I told him that when he is standing on top of the medel podium just remember to say "thanks mom!" I am so looking forward to the time when David, Chance, Jordyn and I can take a ski trip in the mountains as a family. I don't know if anyone will understand, but I am so thankful that the path the Lord chose to lead me down included skiing and everything that goes with it!

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger JC said...

It was so great to see you guys, even just briefly. Glad to hear that Chance is doing so well on the hill. I bet Jordyn will catch on quick too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home