Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Lessons We Learn and Maybe Should Learn Again!

I was reminded of this this past week as I am trying to teach my son. These past few weeks have been filled with disobediences of sort (I am sure you guys are shocked that my son disobeys!!!) and after he gets busted he says, "mom, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry!" I am sure you are thinking, "What's the problem with that?" Well, I am learning that this is not a sincere statement! So this week I have been trying to teach him that sorry doesn't always fix things. Sometimes we say or do things that hurt someone and just saying sorry and not really meaning it or even meaning it sometimes doesn't make the hurt go away. I guess what I am trying to teach him and what I am learning is that it is better to think before we speak than have to say sorry afterwards!

2 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger JC said...

My dad always used to lecture me about the "i'm sorry" thing. He used to say that "I'm sorry" really means..."I'll never do that again". It took until my married life to finally understand that.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Boy, isn't that the truth. It is so easy (well not really easy) to just say or do and then say I am sorry later!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home