Friday, June 16, 2006

Graduation??!!

Well today was a first of many I hope. Chance and his friend Dominic graduated from Safetytown. It was really cute. They had all of the kids line up in front of the gym and different groups of kids would demonstrate different lessons they had learned at Safetytown. Such as a few kids demonstrated riding their bikes and stopping at the "stopsign" and looking both ways before crossing the street. Another few demonstrated wearing life jackets in a "boat".

At the beginning the one teacher said that she had been teaching Safetytown for quite a few years and this was the first year that she had a few kids that were to shy to go out in front and demonstrate. I figured for sure Chance was one of them, but I was pleasantly surprised when he did it.

Whether he learned something is a different story. Each day when it was over I would ask him what he learned. Sometimes I would get a "I don't remember." And other times I would get, "mom it is a long story!"

I of course, being the mom of the year, forgot my camera. Can you believe it, no pictures to recored Safetytown in history!!

2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

i never went to safety town...

congratulations chance!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger JC said...

YAY chance!
I'll call you tomorrow colleen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home