Monday, July 10, 2006

20 Years Older, 20 Pounds Lighter, & 20 Gray Hairs

It is amazing to me that so much time can go by so fast and you can experience so much happiness and sadness and be such a different person and yet walk into a room and be instantly transported back in time 20 years.

Yep, it was Class Reunion time for me. Obviously the 20 Year Reunion. I will save you all the math, that makes me a whopping 38 years old!

What a blast. It was so much fun to go to the Classmates only night Friday night. We all met at the Algonquin Club (yep it exists and it is a door on Howard Street) at 7:00pm. It was so much fun to walk around the room talking to people that I see often and some I haven't seen since walking across the stage on June 6th, 1986. Some people were hardly recognizable and some I swear hadn't changed and some looked a whole lot better.

One of the girls in my class has a 24 year old child (yep, she got pregnant when she was 14, talk about a scandle in 1982) and one of them has a 2 month old!. Nothing like being spread across the spectrum hey. I was pretty much in the lower end, most of my classmates have kids in the 10-15 year old area.

Saturday night was Classmates and Spouses or Significant Others I should say since two of my male Classmates are very openly Gay! David and I had fun visiting, seeing who was married to who and eating. Then everyone kind of came and went walking down Howard Street for the evening festivities. My husband was amazed that they would actually have the Class Reunion and then give you wrist bands so that you could come and go as you please. He just couldn't believe that. To me it wasn't odd because Hibbing always has their Reunions in conjunction with Mines and Pines for that reason. He is from Michigan (sorry Jenny) so that explains it.

Reunion time gives you a time to sit back and reflect on who you are, where you are and what you have accomplished. The gave us a sheet to fill out with questions on it about where we are now, how we feel we have changed, and what we hope to accomplish by our 30 year Reunion. Then they put them in book form and gave one to each of us. It was great to read about everybody. I think I have changed greatly since High School and I am definitely happy with where I am at. As far as my goals before the 30 year, I simply put "to raise my children to be a man and women of God and to accomplish what the Lord has for their lives. I think that is success!!!

Happy 20th to the Class of 1986, see you in 10 Years!!!!

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger JC said...

ha ha- I'm with David...but I did know it was a Hibbing tradition to put class reuinions in conjuction with M.&P.
BTW- 1986 was 20 years ago?? Seem's like last week. I remember exactly what I was doing in 1986!! YIKES I'm getting old too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home