Monday, July 10, 2006

A Day of Firsts

Saturday was a day of First's for Chance.

Saturday morning we headed for Howard Street for the "Fit City Run" which I wish they would have just left as the First Avenue Mile but anyway. Chance, David, Jordyn and I ran (well Jordyn got to ride in the jogging stroller). I was so proud of Chance, he actually ran 3/4 of the Mile which at almost 2 strides to our 1 is a really big accomplishment. I am hoping to get him interested in running so he and I can do some races together in the future.

After running we came home to clean up and get the camera and then we went to the Lincoln Field for a Helicopter Ride. Chance wasn't to sure, but by the time we got there, he was really excited. Thanks to my sister Sandy who came and held Jordyn so both David and I could go with him. He got to sit in front with the pilot and David and I sat in the back seats. We all got to wear headsets with microphones and so we could talk back and forth. He had a blast and I am so thankful that we were able to take him. That is one of the joys of having children, is watching them experience things.

Of course Saturday afternoon was the big parade. I am happy to say that my son is not greedy. He was sitting in his lawn chair, bag in hand, and we had to push him to get up and get candy. Sandy was teasing him that nobody was going to come up and put it in his lap. But then along came the WTBX/WNMT van and Craig and his daughter Bre. And, somebody put candy right in his lap!

Thanks to Brooke for taking such good care of my children. She goes down in the baby books as their fist babysitter. Thank you Brooke!!!!!!

Happy Mines and Pines Everybody!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

I'm glad Chance had a good time! I haven't even ridden in one of those yet.

And it was NO PROBLEM! I didn't know I was their first! I feel special now! Call me anytime. Chances are I probably won't have other plans unless I get a real job (which probably won't be for a while).

:) Thank you! And lots of love!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger JC said...

Oh, I'm bummed about missing the parade and the big BBQ. Hope everyone had fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home