Saturday, July 15, 2006

God's Protection on My Family!

God's protection on my family was made very apparent to me today. David and I took Chance down to Minneapolis to go to Valley Fair and the Children's Museum. We left Friday morning so my sister came over early Friday morning to watch Jordyn for the weekend. We had a blast at Valley Fair, Chance loved it. Anyway this morning my sister walked out the french doors down on the lower level of the house to walk over to my sister Sharon's house. Meanwhile my mom let our dog Lilly Ann and my sister's Weiner dog Buddy out the front door. My sister Sandy turned around just in time to see a huge Timberwolf who had been standing between the driveway and the front door grab ahold of Buddy and head down the driveway. Sandy set Jordyn down and my sister Sharon who had been standing by her back door and heard Sandy scream ran to get Jordyn while Sandy went running down the road after the wolf. He never ran, he just trotted down the middle of the road while my sister and Lilly Ann were running after him. A couple of times he set Buddy down and Buddy would try to get away while he looked back at Sandy and then he would pick the dog up and go some more. My poor sister ran and screamed until he finally ran into the woods with the dog about a 1/4 mile from the house and then she just colapsed. My mom rushed her to the Dr. because we were afraid of a stroke. Thank God she was just in severe shock. All she can do is cry because she says she just keeps hearing Buddy screaming and she keeps thinking it could have been Jordyn.

David and I left the cities right away and headed home. By the way there is a great room at the Sheaton Bloomington for tonight that is already paid for if anyone wants it!

I can't even count the times I have brought Jordyn out the front door and sat her down on the grass in the same spot the wolf was waiting while I ran into the garage or the house. Or the times I have told Chance to go play in the woods or down by the river. I am so thankful for the times that God watches over us when we don't even know we need it. I had seen the Timberwolf standing in the middle of the road down by where he went into the woods a month or so ago, and my brother-in-law seen him last week. Kenny says he has never seen one that big. The thing that scares me is that he is not afraid. To come into the yard in broad daylight with people going in and out all morning and take a dog especially when there are chickens in the yard by where he went into the woods.

We called the DNR and they, I'm paraphazing now, said, "well, they are protected so you can't shoot them, if they kill a calf or a cow or a child you can call us within 24 hours so we can come out and prove that it was a timberwolf. Then they can be killed." Well, guess what, my bother-in-law and David are out following the trail that we think he took into the woods right now with guns!

If you think of it, say a prayer for my sister, it was a very sad thing for her, I can't even imagine.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

I'm praying for her, too. I hope Kenny & Dave got it. That's terrible.

Is Buddy okay??? :(

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger JC said...

Oh Colleen- I can't imagine....how is Sandy doing now? She's been on my mind a lot lately.

Yeah- do I dare ask about Buddy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home